Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sense & Sensibility

Dearest Sensibility,

I beg you not take offense to this open correspondence and its communal nature; however, I have long since been aware that your tendencies, quixotic and impetuous as they are generally regarded, have done you, and therefore I, some ill will during the course of our existence this score and a half.

Whilst we are two distinct spirits forging a single individual, one can only characterize our engagement at times as disagreeable and disharmonious, and one can only describe our self as more often than not divided and perplexed. Owning to no greater interest than that which is ours, I am compelled to expound upon your worth, and it is, to be sincere, all that is charming, glorious, destructive and absurd.

Africans are not unlike us in their duality of disposition and we have had the most unpleasant of interactions with the sort whose gentle countenance disguises vastly divergent temperament and aims. Those nearly most trusted have regretfully proven otherwise and the ensuing disappointment has been a most unwelcomed surprised despite being forewarned of what one has come to expect of Ugandan charity and goodwill.

With this and the welfare of the motherless souls in keeping, I implore you to step with greater trepidation and exercise vigilance of the highest degree, which is to say, that it is imperative that you restrict your influence so as not to exist. Permit me, Sense, to offer full guidance of our shared thoughts, words and deeds, and allow your impassioned whims and gay imprudence to lie dormant for the duration of our stay in a property and populace familiar, nonetheless utterly foreign in speech, dress, tastes, and behavior, not to say anything of work ethic and integrity.

I pray you not take my expression, admittedly direct and abrasive, as a type of defamation or degradation of character; rather, to see that my situation, as it is forever bound to yours, as such, our situation, requires my full inspiration and instruction. Our endurance and that of those entrusted in our care, depends upon our decisions, of which you have proven time and again unfit for seriously making.

So, please, dearest Sensibility, heed this call to lay down your unsuitable arms, and with my complete directive I can assure us an ease of mind and accomplishment of action hitherto unseen, as I am as confident in my abilities as much as I am not in yours.

Yours truly, your most common,

Sense

2 comments:

  1. You made me laugh posting this. Thank you. I think you should join in, could be an...experience for a selable book, that is if you survive.

    ReplyDelete