Wednesday, January 27, 2010

De Do Do Do De Da Da Da

Don't think me unkind
Words are hard to find
They're only cheques

I've left unsigned
From the banks of chaos in my mind
And when their eloquence escapes me
Their logic ties me up and rapes me

Apologies. I am still too exhausted from a twelve-hour ride over bumpy, dusty African roads from Kisoro, a town tucked between the misty and mountainous southwestern corner of Uganda adjacent to the Rwandese and Congolese borders, to think of anything even remotely clever to say about me and my mom's 10-day safari to four of the biggest game parks in Uganda, Murchison Falls, Kibale Forest, Queen Elizabeth Park and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. I am also still a bit too overwhelmed by the experience, particularly the gorilla tracking, to acheieve any appropriate level of eloquence, so I am letting my photographs speak for themselves. Below are some of my favorites. You can view all of the pictures here.

De Do Do Do De Da Da Da is all that I can say to you...

















3 comments:

  1. Dont you just love the public transport. Not only the roads but the buses are a whole nother matter. But it is worth it in the end. My best memories are those that involved taking a bus to some where.
    -h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly Clay-McNamaraJanuary 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM

    Your pictures from the safari are just simply amazing, Natalie! Unbelievable photography. I am new into photography. What kind of a camera are you using? I know it is not just the camera, but the photographer's eye, needed to take such fabulous pictures. Thank you for posting them for all of us to share. Bev Clay-McNamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev - I am using a Canon Rebel XSI, which is a great starter camera for the novice interested in becoming more serious about photography. What really helps with the quality of my pix are the lenses that I use: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens as my "walk around lens" and the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM as my telephoto lens. For all my wildlife pix except the gorillas I had to use a 2x extender with my telephoto to get enough reach. If you have any more questions, please feel free to email me or we can talk when I return in March. Natalie

    ReplyDelete